Golfing just became even more accessible with the creation of the Let’s Golf! iPhone app. In Let’s Golf! you have the opportunity to take control of four different characters as you test your skill on the 63 different holes that await you. This game boasts some of the best 3D graphics for a golfing app and the environments are some of the best of any of the other iPhone apps out there.
This game was created by Gameloft and they did a good job of making the controls very user friendly and easy to pick up. They even added some additional features during the challenge mode where you can even put some spin on the ball. There is also a casual mode that is a bit easier for those people out there who like to golf but don’t care that much about precision and deep concentration.
So grab your golf club and start swinging in Let’s Golf!
- There are four different characters that you can choose from to take on the challenging courses
- Each of the characters is customizable so you can make them look however you want
- The characters each have their strengths and weaknesses
- There are 63 different holes to play on
- Four different locations to play including the Countryside of England, the Mountains of America, Beach in Fiji, and the Lochs in Scotland.
- Impressive 3D graphics
- Multiplayer mode available through local WiFi so that you can challenge all of your friends and prove who is the best golfer
- The controls are easy to use and can be changed to fit any player’s style
- Two main modes: Advanced mode and Casual Mode
- Advanced Mode is more realistic and simulates a real golf game. You can even manipulate golf swings like putting a spin on the ball
- Casual Mode is a bit easier and is more for relaxed fun. You will have less Bogies and won’t have to be as precise to get a good shot
Overall a great game. The 3D graphics are very impressive and the controls are smooth. It offers quite a bit of replay as you can go through the game and beat it with all four characters. Being able to customize the characters is also a nice touch and lets you feel like you have more control over certain aspects of the game.
Voted 4 stars by iPhone app users and currently costs $1.99 to download.
Were you ever fascinated by lightning as a child? Does it still fascinate you? If so, then this is the perfect iPhone app for you. The Volt iPhone app is a 3D lighting extravaganza that allows you to unleash the bolt electricity right from your fingertips!
The basic premise of this iPhone app is very simple. It allows you to customize and let out a variety of different lightning bolts either on the entire screen, or just have it emanate from icons. You can spend hours touching the screen and watching the lightning bolts come out, or you can create icons and make them sizzle with electric energy. Another good thing to use this app for is to prank your friends. Ask them to find something on your phone and as they touch the screen they will be in for a shock! You can electrocute and shock to your heart’s delight.
One of the best features of this app is the ability to create some very fun wallpapers. You can create your own style of electric discharge and then modify them with different colors, energy, and zing to make them worthy of a background on your iPhone.
- You have the ability to customize your lightning bolts as much as you want
- You can toggle between a disco mode in order to get a funky lightning effect
- You can increase or decrease the amount of electrical power going to the bolts
- There is the option to also enhance or reduce the amount of energy in the lightning
- Decide on the sphere size that you would like to use
- You can also pick how many different bolts you want to be shown at any given time
- You can pick the color of your lightning bolts
- There is a multi-touch feature so that you can have bolts coming from multiple places
- Shake your iPhone in order to hide or reveal different buttons
- There is a vibration mode so that you simulate feeling the actual shock
- A variety of different sound effects to choose from as you find the perfect customizable options
This is a fun idea for all the electricity lovers out there. There are a few gameplay problems in the game. For one, it does not always respond well to your touches. Not only that, when customizing your lightning, the classic color yellow is not even an option. Other than those few minor details, however, it is a fun app to test out with your friends and family.
Voted 3 1/2 stars by iPhone app users and currently costs $0.99 to download.
Step onto the court and enjoy some intense basketball action in the Arcade Hoops Basketball iPhone app. Created by the Skyworks developers, the Arcade Hoops Basketball gaming app will provide you with hours of fun and entertainment right from your iPhone or iPod Touch.
The game offers a variety of different modes that you can choose from to test your skills and challenge your basketball know-how. It includes a classic mode that gives you just under a minute to shoot as many two point field goals as you are capable of. It also has a 3 point classic mode that allows you to have forty five seconds to drain as many three balls as you can from behind the arc. The third kind of mode is the progressive one where you can shoot any kind of shot during the minute and a half time limit, all while the backboard is moving from side to side.
The game is loaded with different features including a variety of soundtracks, cool sound effects, and some amazing 3D graphics. The gameplay is easy to catch on to, and the added challenge of moving hoops gives you some real obstacles along the way. You can even shoot the classic red, white, and blue basketball when you choose to participate in the three point contest.
This game has a lot to offer and is a great price. If you are a basketball lover then you will love the action that is included in the Arcade Hoops Basketball iPhone app.
- There are three different modes to compete in including Classic Mode, 3-Point Classic, and Progressive Mode
- Classic Mode is a short match that gives you around forty five seconds to make as many 2 point field goals as you can
- 3-Point Classic Mode is a new addition and also gives you forty five seconds to make as many 3 pointers as you can in the time limit
- Progressive Mode gives you 99 seconds and allows you to shoot both 2 point field goals and 3 pointers all while the backboard is moving from side to side
- There are Local Leader boards where you can see the high scores
- There also are Global Leader boards that let you play against people all over the plane
- Decent music and sound effects
- Three different background tracks that you can toggle between
- Two different kinds of basketballs: they traditional orange and the red, white, and blue three point ball
Voted 3 ½ stars by iPhone app users and costs $0.99.
Perhaps you love to read and never have time to sit down with a book. You still want to ‘read’ the classics so what are you going to do? What about the time you spend travelling back and forth from work? What about when you take your daily run or walk? It’s too hard to read while you do activities like this, but what about listening to books? Audiobooks (Download Edition) iPhone app is just what you need. This is a great way to access thousands of classic favorites on your iPhone. The Audiobooks app allows you free access to great audiobook content that will take you over 20,000 hours to listen to. Having it all at your fingertips is so nice! Whether you are waiting at the doctor’s office, in line at the pharmacy, stuck in traffic, or just with a long commute, Audiobooks is only a touch away.
You may be a classics lover, perhaps you devoured Moby Dick or Charles Dickens as a youth and want to re-live those great moments. Perhaps you are looking for classics you haven’t read yet, like Jane Eyre, or the works of O’Henry. You might even be new to the classics and just want to give something like Pride and Prejudice a try, since you loved the movie. This great iPhone app meets your classic book reading needs no matter what they are. Modern bestselling books are not included in this collection, so don’t think that you will find such books as Robert Jordan’s “Wheel of Time” series or “The Lightning Thief.” However, for hours of listening to the classics this is a great book app. A nice touch is that you never need to lose your place with the automatic bookmarking. Also, there is a Sleep Timer so you can fall asleep listening to your favorites without missing too much of the story. There are also advanced search features that help you find just the classic book you want to listen to.
Audiobooks uses recordings that are taken from the LibriVox project. This consists of volunteers who record their own favorite classic books and release them for the world to enjoy. Do realize, however, that the readers are amateurs who volunteer their time to read the books, so be a little forgiving with the styles your hear. With this app you can access and save your books, so you can listen anytime to your favorite classics.
- Over 2800 classic audiobooks at your fingertips
- Simple way to listen to classic books anywhere
- Automatic bookmarking
- Sleep Timer
- Advanced Search
- Recordings from the LibriVox project
- Get the app, and then all the recorded classics you choose to listen to are free
If you love the classics but don’t have time to read them, Audiobooks (Download Edition) for iPhone is just what you are looking for. This book app is currently rated 3 out of 5 stars by iPhone app users and downloads for $0.99.
2Do: A stunning To Do List with Push and Sync is The to-do list you’ve been hoping for. The winners of the best user interface 2009 awards have done it again with this ultimate 2Do iPhone app. You can use 2Do with or without Sync. Outlook (PC), Mac, Toodledo (v1.2.2) are easy to Sync to with the free Sync helper. Wifi is required for Sync. You can get email alerts and Push notification. Choose sound, email, message or even all three to help remind you of what you have to do. Some versions of this great productivity app also include Snooze. You can even share your to-dos through email and drag and drop between calendars. 2Do will help you schedule simple To-Dos, checklists or even projects, which can be grouped together or sorted independently. You can share 2Dos by Twitter or through email. When you tap and hold on a task it reveals more options, such as sending them on to family or friends.
Some of the actions this neat iphone app gives you is the ability to attach a contact to remind you of visiting, calling or emailing them or even attach your current location to the 2Do you are creating. You can attach voice notes to you tasks if you don’t want to type them in. The Focus toggle allows you to check on specific 2Dos on the calendar, such as due today, tomorrow, next week. Tags can be made up of contacts or words and can be fully integrated into your global search. There are flexible repeat options for those frequently done tasks. Your tasks and calendars can all be password protected. You can backup and restore your database whenever you want to, which is especially important when using Sync. 2Do puts the productivity into their productivity app.
- Optimized for large lists
- Many app badge settings
- Phone numbers formatted for Japan, UK and US
- Option to hide calendar
- Alert settings include auto reminders
- Checklists, Projects or simple To Dos
- Voice Notes
- Manage Tags
- Sync with Mac, Outlook and Toodledo (WiFi)
- Tabbed Calendars
- Drag and Drop
- Batch edit, move, tag, or share tasks
- Smart calendars
- Restore and Backup
- Text Expander Support
2Do uses a slick interface which is very nice, and has lots of useful and interesting features. Some users have been frustrated by too many features and some problems with the updates to this productivity app. It is currently rated 4+ out of 5 stars by iPhone users and costs $6.99 to download.