Have you ever wondered what it would be like to be skilled with the Bow and Arrow like Robin Hood? Well with the Bowmaster iPhone app you can practice your skills and learn the basics of virtual archery! All you have to do is use two fingers on the touchscreen and glide them apart to pull the bow taut and then release for the arrow to go zinging across the screen. In this game you have just joined the Merry Five and you are aspiring to be their bowmaster. You will have to challenge each individual member of the group to an archery contest and beet them to be able to take over. There is also an online multiplayer mode where you can test out your archery skills against the best players in the world!
- This game features everything that you need to become a master archer (virtually, at least) and you will find that all of the mechanics of the archery are very natural and fluid
- The game also is completely in 3D. You will love how detailed the scenery is and how your 3D bow and arrow whiz through the air to hit far away targets
- There is also some impressive sound effects to go along with the game to help you feel like you are really shooting a bow and arrow
- There are 5 levels total and each level offers a different location as well as different challenges that you will have to overcome. The levels get harder as you progress through the game
- The app is integrated with Agon so you will have a scoring system that is online that you can check up on to see where you rank among other archers throughout the world
With all the hubbub of Robin Hood coming out in Theaters, this is a great time to get this app. You can learn all of the mechanics of the bow and arrow and feel like you are a master at hitting targets from yards away. Although it may not seem like there is much to offer in this app you will find that it will do a great job of keeping you entertained and you will refer to it often when you have nothing going on. For only a buck, this app is a great deal and you should check it out.
Voted 4 1/2 stars by iPhone app users and currently only costs $0.99 to download onto your phone.
Disney Interactive Studios came out with the Split/Second game on consoles and now it has been adapted for the mobile market. This is an incredibly fun arcade racing app that has been formatted for the small screen. You will participate in all of the races while going through a tv city that is about to explode. Use the city to wreck your opponents and eventually win the match.
- This is a great app that was created by Disney and does a great job of adding some unique and original elements to the racing genre as a whole
- There are three main locations to race on in this app and it also includes 9 of the tracks from the original console game. The three locations include the airport, downtown, and also the port
- There are also three different game modes that you can pick to play. The three are the season mode, the quick play mode, and the multiplayer mode
- The Season mode allows you to go through all three locations and all nine tracks in order and to increase difficulty as you go
- The Quick Play mode allows you to play any of the levels you have unlocked at any point in time when you have a few spare minutes
- The Multiplayer mode allows you to play against other people through the use of an internet connection
- There are over 15 different cars that you can race in and each of them are very unique. They each have their own attributes and add another dimension to each race
- You can do a four player multiplayer mode with all of your friends. You will need either a bluetooth, a wifi, or some other internet connection in order to do this
- In this game you will have to rely on superior speed and also some strategy using the city as your prop in order to win
- There are a lot of new updates coming out for this game so frequently check with the developers to see what kinds of advancement and special features will continue to be added
For a Disney game, this racing app really breaks the mold. The graphics are pretty stunning and the ability to use the city as a weapon is kind of a fun spin on the racing genre. You will have to time your destructive habits in order to make sure that your enemies are slowed down and you make it through to the end of the race in one piece.
This racing app was developed by Disney and was given 3 1/2 out of 5 stars by iPhone app users that rated it. The game is a little bit more expensive and costs around $6.99 to download onto your mobile phone.
The CraigsMobileList iPhone app is the best Craigslist Companion that you will find on the mobile market. You will be able to easily search through categories or pictures to be able to find items that will interest you. One of the coolest parts about the app is the ability to post listings right from your phone! This newest version is the most up to date and effective CraigsList app for your smartphone.
The searches are streamlined and usually very quick. You can save your favorite searches and listings and even send stuff to friends and family who might also be interested.
- There are a variety of new features that come along with this new version of the app. This will help make your searches much easier to navigate
- You can now post different listings all from the convenience of you phone. Take pictures on your phone and create the listing all while on the go
- When using the app you can take full advantage of the search features. You can browse for all of the standard categories that are in Craigslist as well as the personals
- There is a bookmarking feature that you can use to save the details of you favorite items. You can also bookmark searches that you are frequently typing in so you don’t have to enter it in every time
- If you find a listing that you really like but want to look for other things to compare it to, then you can save the listing to be able to look at later on
- One of the other nice things about the app is that you can actually respond to a variety of the listings without ever having to leave the app. This allows you to quickly and easily make comments
- If you find listings that you think your friends or family might be interested in then you can actually email those listings to them. You could also email them to yourself just to have them on record
- If you don’t like searching by subject then you can always search by images instead
- In this app you won’t have to worry about always resizing the screen or trying to manage your way through the app by clicking on all of the tiny little links
Craigslist is great because it allows you to find almost anything you want in your local area. It is one of the best ways for people to stay connected to other people in the community. On this app you can even post your own listings right from your phone which can make life super easy.
Voted 3 stars by iPhone app users and can be downloaded off of the online market for only $0.99.
In the Call of Atlantis iPhone app you will have to save it from a dangerous enemy. This app was developed by Playrix and is a match-3 game that also is mixed with an action story mode. You will be able to see a variety of different lands including Greece, Phoenicia, Babylon, Troy, Rome, Carthage, and Egypt in order to get all of the power crystals that are scattered throughout the world. You will have to rebuild the famous Altar of Poseidon in order to save Atlantis at last!
- This is a spin off the popular match 3 puzzle games that have been all the craze lately. It mixes this matching element with a fun adventure style of play
- In the career mode of the game you will find that there are over 54 different levels that you can play in and each of these levels offer an endless amount of replay
- In the adventure mode of the game there will be 7 different lands that you will be able to explore and all of them hold ancient treasures and secrets
- One of the other benefits to this app is that as you play you will be able to learn different fun facts about all of the different places you go to in the game
- As you move through the game you will be able to watch some impressive cut-scenes that will help the story line along and help it to make better sense
- The graphic quality in the game is actually pretty impressive and the objects and boards are all very detailed which helps make the game more crisp and clear
- The sound effects in the game are great to help keep you excited and interested in the combos that you produce and the visual effects when pieces are eliminated are pretty stunning
- There are voice-overs in the game and the voice actors are actually really good
- This app also allows you to be able to connect to Facebook so that you can post high scores and other stats for all of you friends and family to see and read
- Last of all, try and beat the game and find Atlantis!
These three matching games seem to never get old. The replay value of games like this are actually pretty amazing because no two maps are played exactly the same and you will always want to get better combos. The way that this app mixes the story mode and the strategy mode is also refreshing and gives you more of an incentive to beat each level.
The Call of Atlantis puzzle app has gotten ratings of 4 out of 5 stars and only costs $0.99 to download.
Have you ever played the Boxed In game series on the iPhone? If so, then you will love the new edition of the series with the Iced In iPhone app. There are over 50 different puzzles that you will have to try and beat. The difficulty gets harder as you go and you will find yourself getting legitimately stumped. The whole point of the game is to free the penguin from his cage in every level. You have to move ice blocks on the red switches in order to do that. The ice won’t stop once it’s moved unless it hits something. You can only move each ice block three times before it explodes!
- There are a lot of different strategy and puzzle games out there for the iPhone but this one adds a fun spin onto the genre. The entire game centers around an ice them with penguins and Eskimos
- There are over 50 different levels that you will get to try as you progress through the game and you will find that each level get continually harder as you move on
- The mechanics of this game are intuitive and original. You will see that the puzzle element is a little bit different than what you are used to and you will not have played too many similar games
- This game can be extremely addicting as you try and beat all of the levels. You will find yourself spending hours and hours on this game
- The music in this game fits the theme and is very playful. You will love the different sound effects and the background musical soundtrack is happy and fun to listen to
- This app has been created specifically for the iPhone and iPod touch and you will love the attention to detail that has been put into every aspect of the game
- If you ever get stuck in a level and can’t figure out what to do next, then you can always use the Quick Level Restart button that is available to quickly start the level over and try your hand at beating it again
- The user interface on the game is actually very simple and you will find that is quite intuitive for a game that only costs a dollar at the iTunes store
- The controls that you will be using to move your character and accomplish tasks are very easy to use. You simply swipe the screen to move around or you can use the D-pad
- If you would rather listen to your own music library than the music that has been provided you can go into the options setting and change the sound options
This is a fun little puzzle game that has received fairly decent ratings. The game has been rated 4 1/2 out of 5 stars and can be downloaded onto your iPhone for only $0.99 off of the online app store.