This is a great app for parents to use with their kids. Educational apps are becoming more and more prevalent on iPhone apps, and for good reason. It is a great way to keep your kids busy and interested while you are running errands, taking a trip, or getting work done around the house. The Wheels On The Bus iPhone app is based on the children’s song that we all know and love. It is essentially an interactive book with musical qualities and is a fun, interactive way for you kids to enjoy the experience.
Your kids are able to come aboard the bus and enjoy all of the fun happenings as they make their way too school. While on the bus you will experience the doors opening and closing, will be able to mess with the windshield wipers, and can even pop some bubbles on the screen. Also included are spinning bus wheels, dogs that are barking, and a lot more. The app is very interactive and your kids will be able to use the touchscreen capabilities of the iPhone as they make their way through the virtual book.
This app was created by parents and so it is geared to help children to have fun while still learning some important messages. This app can help your young ones enhance their language, cognitive, motor skills. The more they play it, the better they will become at touching the screen at the right time, and matching the events so that they can move on in the storybook. As a parent, you can’t miss out on this wonderful opportunity to educate your kids so that you can get some work done.
- Music storybook that lets you read and sing along with your kids
- Has a variety of features including a voice recorder so you can record your children singing
- You can help improve your kid’s linguistic skills by having them listen to it in Spanish, German, French, Italian or English
- The touchscreen abilities allow your child to tap on the correct answers and follow some fun instructions as they work their way through the book
- Hear beautiful music sounds from different instruments like the piano, cello, and violin
While this is a good way for you kids to stay busy while you are working, it can at times get so repetitive that you are ready to smash your iPhone on the floor. Unless this really is one of your favorite songs, then it is sure to get stuck in your head and drive you crazy all day. This is a popular app to help teach your kids for a little while, but after that it’s time to move on.
Voted 4.4 stars by iPhone app users and runs for around $0.99.
If you like Jell-O, then you will love this app. Expand your Jell-O horizons with the Gello Doodle app. This is an interesting little application that lest you create your own Gello concoctions and then allows you to stretch it, poke it, bounce it or smash it. It can provide hours of Gello fun as you go through all of the different features that are available in this iPhone app.
First of all, there are over forty-two different add-ins that you can use to create the perfect Gello masterpiece. You can pick any color or shape that you want the Gello to be molded in as well. You can mold it into animal shapes, household items, or just about anything else you can think of. The add-ins for the Gello include apples, pretzels, bananas, sprinkles and much more. There are over 22 different Gello modes included in the game and more are sure to come out with the next update. As you are creating your gello molds, you can tilt your phone back and forth and make different layers of colors throughout the mold. You also do not have to finish filling the entire mold in order to take the Gello out and start bouncing it around.
Once you have made your creation, take it out of the mold and have some fun with it. Mess with the gravity controls and see how it bounces around with different physical forces on it. You can take pictures of you Gello and send it to friends or just store it for later. When you are done playing with your food, you can suck it up with a straw and start all over again!
- Photo album option to save screen shots of your Gello creations
- Ability to send these photos to friends and family
- Over 42 different add-ins you can put in your Gello to spice it up
- Over 22 different molds for you to pick. You don’t have to fill the entire mold to start bouncing it around
- Can make your own color scheme for you Gello mold
- You can alter gravity controls to make your Gello react differently to it’s surroundings
- You can shake your phone or tip it over to make the Gello jump and bounce
- Fill your Gello mode until it self-destructs
- Or you can suck it up through a straw
Jell-O hasn’t been so fun since the introduction of finger jello years ago. You can relive your childhood and play with the Gello without having to worry about getting yelled at by your mom to clean up your messes. This is a fun app that allows you to express your creativity in many different forms and bounces.
Voted 3 1/2 stars by iPhone app users and costs around $0.99.
Moto X Mayhem is back with a new and improved version of the exciting motocross game. With this iPhone app, you can lean, jump and race through level after level of exciting bike action in this awesome side scrolling motorbike game. With this fun physics game app, you can lean back or lean forward on your motor bike. You can climb all kinds of hills as you control your position by leaning forward and even fly through the air using this crazy accelerometer technology.
The physics are very realistic as you watch the recoil of your motorbike shocks each time you land those wicked jumps or you see your rider and bike bouncing and flipping and across the interesting landscape every time you crash. The realistic physics involved in this exciting motorbike iPhone game are right on the money. You can also load and save your gameplay – no more losing that awesome score when a phone call comes in, just save your gameplay right where you are and come back to it when you are ready. You can also compete with your friends and other players to see who is the fastest rider in motocross using the new online scoreboard. Not a fan of motorcycles and dirt bikes? You don’t need to be in order to enjoy Moto X Mayhem’s action-packed iPhone app. This is one of the best physics games out there.
- Bike shocks that really work.
- Challenging and fun landscapes and terrains.
- Graphics that make you feel good.
- Great sound that puts you right there.
- Gameplay that can be addictive.
- Fun and exciting rag doll physics.
- The Accelerometer allows leaning to control the position of your rider.
- Saving and loading options keep you from losing those fabulous scores when a phone call interrupts.
- Super fast high scores.
- This version includes a new island with tons more fun available.
- Connect and compete with the Online Scoreboard.
The realistic accelerometer technology allows you to lean forward or backward to control your rider’s position. You can really get into climbing hills and flying over jumps. The exciting physics let you watch the motorbike flip and bounce when your crash, or the shocks recoil as you land those wicked jumps. The well-developed sound and graphics make it fun to take your motorbike out on the trail. Being able to compete online is one of the features that makes Moto X Mayhem one of the better physics game apps out there.
This app rated 4 stars by iPhone app users, currently costs about $0.99
You certainly loved Dr. Seuss’s classic ABC book when you were a child, and now you have children of your own you want to share it with. This app allows you to have this wonderful alphabet book in a new, interactive format that can go withyou anywhere. This app is available for your iPhone or iPod Touch. Dr. Seuss’s ABC app encourages children to figure out the connections between letters, sounds, and word meanings. Beginning with Aunt Annie’s alligater and continuing on through Big Z little z, your child will love traveling through the fantastic pictures and hilarious words which will keep him entertained for hours. The words zoom up as your child touches the picture and they hear the word associated with it. It is a great learning tool for children who are still learning their alphabet, yet is enjoyable for older children because it contains the classic Dr. Seuss artwork and hilarious words of the original book. If you love this app, there are more Dr. Seuss apps from Oceanhouse Media… “The Cat in the Hat” e-book “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” e-book Grinchmas! (The #1 Kids Game – Dec 2009) Dr. Seuss Camera – The Grinch Edition Dr. Seuss Camera – The Cat in the Hat Edition. Even more Dr. Seuss apps are on the way.
- The original, beautiful artwork by Dr. Seuss is featured.
- Promotes reading in young children.
- Appeals to readers of all ages.
- Combines the original artwork and story by Dr. Seuss with entertaining features that promote reading.
- Highlights individual words as the story is read.
- Words zoom up each time the pictures are touched and are spoken to provide word association audibly and visually.
- Read the book in two fun ways: READ TO ME – allows you see the highlighted words as you to listen to the narrated story. READ IT MYSELF – allows you to read the book in the traditional way.
- Professional narration.
- Enlarged artwork.
- Background audio for each page or scene is customized
Many of the pages are the same as the original ABC book by Dr. Seuss, although there are many additional features, and some pages are different. This is a classic app that you and your children will love now and for many years to come. Reviewers recommend it for anyone who has ever read any of Dr. Seuss’s fantastical books.
This app was voted 4 1/2 stars by iPhone app users and currently runs about $0.99.
How many times have you woken up in the morning, gone about your business, and wondered what the weather was going to be like for that day? It can be a hassle to get online or check the news station in order to get a forecast. Well, now that information is available to you over your own personal cellular device. You can check the weather at any point of the day with the simple click of a button.
This is one of the ultimate weather smartphone apps. The Weather Channel Max has a variety of different tools you can use to plan out your activities each day. Most weather iPhone apps are not always very accurate, and some are not very user-friendly. The Weather Channel Max uses TruPoint weather technology to find the most up-to-date local weather forecasts around. This TruPoint technology is patented and is exclusive to the Weather Channel Max app. Not only that, this iPhone app also boasts future radar, which let’s you know where storms are going to be heading as well as where it has been previously. The app also includes some very detailed forecasts for the next couple of weeks, which is great if you are going to be going on a vacation soon. You can check beach conditions, traffic cameras, find out about severe weather center warnings and so much more. When it comes to powerful, effective, weather applications, the Weather Channel Max can’t be beat.
- There are zero advertisements on this app
- You can save any page you want us your start up page
- Access to the Severe Weather Center. This keeps you connected to national stories as well as alerts
- You can find out beach conditions and the condition of the tide for when you go on vacations
- TruPoint system to show future radar paths of large storms. This shows weather patterns for six hours
- Many “at a glance” snapshots to choose from
- There is a video center that gives out regional and local forecasts. It also includes top stories, travel videos, and severe weather conditions
- Maps are customizable and include clouds, rainfall, overall temperature, and moisture
- You can plot out local landmarks such as schools, parks, and sports venues
- Has 10-day forecasts, 32 hours forecasts, and hourly forecasts available
One of the most accurate and effective weather apps around. Well worth the four dollar charge if you want constant access to the weather forecast. Comes in handy, especially if you travel a lot.
Voted 3 1/2 stars by iPhone app users and runs for around $3.99