If you love puzzle games, then you likely already have downloaded this app or are planning to buy it. The Tetris iPhone app is one of the most paid downloads out there for mobile devices. Iphone apps users have already downloaded over a million copies and it has made Tetris one of the most popular and recognized games of the puzzle industry.
The idea of Tetris is fairly simple. You have a rectangular board you are working on, and you have to guide different shaped pieces down into the rectangle to form straight lines across. As soon as you connect all the way across, that line is dissolved, opening up new options for other pieces. The more lines you dissolve the higher your score and so on. A “Tetris” is when you fill an entire five line block and dissolve it at the same time. you get the most points for this, and are always aiming for it. As you dissolve a certain number of lines you will increase levels which will change your environment and also the difficulty of the game. The farther you go, the faster the pieces fall down, and the quicker you have to make a decision of where to place them.
Tetris is addicting and a great way to exercise brain power. This is a great mobile version that everyone can enjoy. The developers have done a few things to keep this remake fresh and new to all gamers. First of all, you can either listen to the background music and sound effects or you can listen to your own iTunes library while playing the game. Next, there are a lot of different modes to choose from. You can pick the Classic mode which brings you back to the basics. Rotate your blocks, slide them, and drop them into place using the unique touchscreen interface. There is also a magic mode which has five different versions included in it.
Last of all you can get online and track your high scores and other top ranked Tetris players. This puzzle game has quite a competitive market, so in order to be the best you have to be pretty quick!
- A variety of different modes to choose from, including Classic Marathon Mode and Magic Mode
- Classic Marathon Mode involves all of the basics of tetris
- Magic Mode has five different versions: Bubble Wrap, Minimizer, Smashdown, Magic Crayon, and Wrecking Ball
- Online score board so you can check stats and high scores
- Can listen to iTunes while playing the app instead of the background music
Still one of the very best puzzle games out there. The gameplay is smooth and the touchscreen gives you a unique look into the game.
Voted4 stars by iPhone app users and currently costs $4.99.
The Alarm Clock Pro iphone app is one of the top paid utility apps across the world! It is an alarm clock, but also so much more! This little smartphone app is packed with so many features you won’t know what to do with yourself! The Alarm Clock Pro allows you to have complete customization of your alarm clock as well as allowing you to pick a song or playlist from your library to wake up to. It also has a feature to gradually fade into the playlist so you are not rudely awakened, but rather wake up slowly and peacefully so you are ready to tackle the day ahead of you.
The Alarm Clock Pro app also has a large LCD display to mess around with and even can be used as a flashlight by simply shaking the phone.
- The LCD display has gorgeous colors and graphics to choose from as you customize it
- You can pick either a 25 or 12 hour format for the clock
- You can have the clock show seconds
- There is an auto-lock mode that is customizable
- Can display in both vertical and horizontal modes
- Has 7 different alarm sounds to choose from. They include: High Tone, Old Clock, Cuckoo, Electronic, School Bell, Digital, and Classic
- Individualize your alarm with your own song or playlist of your choice
- Has a big snooze for heavier sleepers, and also a button to turn off the alarm
- A variety of alarms can be supported
- Customize the length of the snooze feature
- Can have vibration in addition to your ringtone to wake you up
- Adjustable volume control
- Both Music Fade in and Music Fade out options so that you can fall asleep to music and gradually wake up to it
- Alarm works in both silent and locked iphone modes
- Even has a flashlight mode that can be turned on by shaking the phone
- If you flick up the side of the screen you can toggle the screen brightness
This smartphone app is just packed with features. Who knew an alarm clock could be so all-inclusive? This is one of those iPhone apps that goes above and beyond your expectations. It is extremely easy to use, and is fully customizable. One of the nice things is that the developer has some great ideas for updates that are coming out soon. Some of these future updates would be to add more themes for the clock, and also to have music with a sleep timer. This was you can fall asleep as your music gradually plays and then goes off. These are just additional features to an already packed app.
Voted 4 stars by iPhone app users and costs around $0.99.
The first edition of Final Fantasy was released in 1987 in Japan. This was the first game of a long line of games that have been known for incredible story lines and addicting gameplay. One of the very first really successful RPG’s out there, Final Fantasy paved the way for a number of other franchises that have also become famous. But even though there have been spin-offs, the original Final Fantasy franchise is still heralded as one of the most compelling and rich game franchises in video game history.
When this game was first released to the public in 1987, gamers were blown away by the amazing graphics and the detailed story. The story takes place around a cast of lovable characters. The Warriors of Light must be helped as they set out on a fantastic adventure to go out into the dangerous wilderness and bring the crystals back to their original light. It features 2D side battles and allows players to use the unique abilities of each of the characters in order to defeat enemies. Each character has his or her own upgrades and weapons that they can carry. This allows you to spend a lot of time upgrading each individual character.
You also have the ability to control lineups, magic powers, and items. There are hundreds of different items, spells, and weapons you can use as you progress through your journey. The world that you play on is huge, and you will find yourself playing for hours and hours in order to finish the game. The bosses are challenging, and you will have to seek out harder enemies to claim more gold and buy new and improved weapons. Work your way through the world and collect all the crystals in order to bring peace to the world once again!
This edition also contains the bonus dungeons added to later editions of the game–the Soul of Chaos and the Labyrinth of Time.
- Classic remake of one of the most influential games of all time
- Includes 2 new bonus dungeon levels. They include the Soul of Chaos and the Labyrinth of Time
- Lots of different items, weapons, spells, and armor to choose from
- Fully upgrade your characters as you gain money from battles
- Hours of gameplay and smooth transitions
Anyone that likes video games has come across this incredible franchise before. Final Fantasy pretty much started the RPG genre. The only problem with this remake is the readable text. It is inconsistent and sometimes way too small. But other than that this is a classic, and it would be a shame to not own it.
Voted 4 1/2 stars by iPhone app users and runs for around $8.99.
You certainly loved Dr. Seuss’s classic ABC book when you were a child, and now you have children of your own you want to share it with. This app allows you to have this wonderful alphabet book in a new, interactive format that can go withyou anywhere. This app is available for your iPhone or iPod Touch. Dr. Seuss’s ABC app encourages children to figure out the connections between letters, sounds, and word meanings. Beginning with Aunt Annie’s alligater and continuing on through Big Z little z, your child will love traveling through the fantastic pictures and hilarious words which will keep him entertained for hours. The words zoom up as your child touches the picture and they hear the word associated with it. It is a great learning tool for children who are still learning their alphabet, yet is enjoyable for older children because it contains the classic Dr. Seuss artwork and hilarious words of the original book. If you love this app, there are more Dr. Seuss apps from Oceanhouse Media… “The Cat in the Hat” e-book “How the Grinch Stole Christmas” e-book Grinchmas! (The #1 Kids Game – Dec 2009) Dr. Seuss Camera – The Grinch Edition Dr. Seuss Camera – The Cat in the Hat Edition. Even more Dr. Seuss apps are on the way.
- The original, beautiful artwork by Dr. Seuss is featured.
- Promotes reading in young children.
- Appeals to readers of all ages.
- Combines the original artwork and story by Dr. Seuss with entertaining features that promote reading.
- Highlights individual words as the story is read.
- Words zoom up each time the pictures are touched and are spoken to provide word association audibly and visually.
- Read the book in two fun ways: READ TO ME – allows you see the highlighted words as you to listen to the narrated story. READ IT MYSELF – allows you to read the book in the traditional way.
- Professional narration.
- Enlarged artwork.
- Background audio for each page or scene is customized
Many of the pages are the same as the original ABC book by Dr. Seuss, although there are many additional features, and some pages are different. This is a classic app that you and your children will love now and for many years to come. Reviewers recommend it for anyone who has ever read any of Dr. Seuss’s fantastical books.
This app was voted 4 1/2 stars by iPhone app users and currently runs about $0.99.